The current Chairperson of Committees Chairpersons is Hon. Mokhothu Joseph Makhalanyane.
Honourable Mokhothu Joseph Makhalanyane was born on 20th December 1968.
Honourable Makhalanyane joined Revolution for Prosperity political party led by the Right Honourable Prime Minister Sam Matekane from its inception. He won the constituency of Mokhethoaneng #27.
Honourable Makhalanyane commenced his employment journey as a Mine Worker at Buffelsfontein Gold Mine, North West, South Africa from 1987 to 1989. English and Religion teacher at Hangers Hope Secondary School (Mokhethoang) and Emmanuel high School (Leribe) from 1994 to 1995. Chaplain at Maluti Adventist Hospital from 1995 to 1996, where his duties included: Counselling the infected and affected by HIV/AIDS and other chronical diseases. Championing HIV/AIDS programming through religious hospitals. Manager: Wellness Centre at Maluti Adventist Hospital from 2000 to 2004. His key tasks were Proposal writing from very minimal to at least R10 million Focusing on sustainable agriculture for village people to support even orphans as part of food security in more than 30 villages benefited with more than 12,000 people, Bursary support for orphans and vulnerable children in Mapoteng Area about 600 children benefited. Developing programmes for People Living With HIV/AIDS. Funders were Bristol Meyers Squib, Irish aid, World Bank, FAO, WFP, World Vision, Ministry of Agriculture and Food security, ADRA International etc. From 2004 to 2006 he worked as a Director for Adventist Development and Relief Agency Lesotho.
In 2007 to 2018 he was engaged as a Deputy Director for the Ministry of Finance / Project Management Unit:
Key tasks :
- Grant management; overseer the management of all Sub Recipients agreements, Contribute in development of the proposals and Facilitate capacity Development of Sub Recipients. In 10 districts of Lesotho.
- Grant reporting; Overseer preparation of quarterly reports and annual reports and Ensure periodical review meetings do take place
- Programmatic operations: Monitor and Ensure compliance of the policies and guidelines by all implementers, supervise short term and long term consultants,
- Human Resource:
- Oversee and coordinate Effective management and development of GFCU human resources,
- Facilitate GFCU staff capacity building including training and supervision of line managers
- Coordinate GFCU human resources management and development including recruitment, conditions of services, staff welfare and wellness, and labor relations.
- Review and align all staff job descriptions to new organizational needs and align them to a performance-based appraisal framework
- Assist in developing and assessing salaries in accordance with Job and load
- Mobilizing leadership authorities in community directed interventions
Working directly with key stakeholders: Local NGOs, Ex-mine workers, UN house, World bank, Bilateral, EU, USG agencies, International Organizations, Government ministries, Parliament, Senators, Cabinet ministers and office of the Deputy Prime Minister, National AIDS Commission, Principal Chiefs, Districts authorities (District Administrators, District Council Chairpersons, District Council Secretaries, and Heads of departments and Chiefs).
At least USD $40 million annual budget cumulative of USD $350 million only from Global Fund and other funding from both Government of Lesotho at least USD $1 million annual contribution, World Bank USD $5 million and other partners.
Consultancy and current work since 2018 to 2022
2022 Consultant Strategic plan Development for Adventville High School Maseru.
2021 Consultancy on Job Analysis for Project Management Unit Ministry of Finance in Maseru
2018 short term Consultant for brief finish up PMU Salary survey and adjustment for Project Management Unit Ministry of Finance in Maseru.
2018 and 2019 short term consultant on Verification on park homes construction for health centers in the ministry of Health in 5 Districts of Lesotho.
2018 engaged as Mediator and assisting on verification of audit findings for ADRA Lesotho.
2019 Consultant on Strategic development training for management in Restoration Ministries (Cape Town) 2018 to date Self Employed as both farm manager and consultant mostly in governance issues and Mentor Family Life Dynamics in Lesotho and South Africa.
Education and Training History
|Certificate in Global Health Delivery Leadership Program||University of Global Health Equity (Rwanda)||2016-2017|
|MBA candidate (dropped out in 3rd year still complete)||University of Free State (SA)||2012-2014|
|Certificate of attendance|
HIV and AIDS science conference
|Post graduate Certificate Public Development Management (Industrial Relations)||University of the Witwatersrand,|
|2006 one-year course|
|Certificate of attendance Project Management||Regenesis School of Public Development|
|Bachelor of Arts Degree||Solusi University (Zimbabwe)||1996-2000|
|Certificate of attendance Proposal development||Howard University |
Visiting Lecturers (Zimbabwe)
|High School||Emmanuel High school (Leribe)||1990 -1994|
|Primary School||Mokhethoaneng A.C.L St Andrews Primary School (Berea)||1978 -1984|