The SADC Parliamentary Forum is a regional organisation of 15 Parliaments of the Southern Africa Region, whose role is to serve as the voice of Parliamentarians on regional matters, and to promote good governance, regional co-operation and integration. The SADC PF hereby requests for applications for the three positions of Programme Manager & Committee Secretary in the following thematic areas:
- Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources (FANR);
- Human & Social Development and Special Programmes (HSDSP);
- Trade, Industry, Finance & Investment (TIFI).
Applications should be made through the candidates’ national Parliaments, which are members of the SADC Parliamentary Forum.
- THE POSITION OF PROGRAMME MANAGER & COMMITTEE SECRETARY
This is a Regional position which enjoys diplomatic status in Namibia pursuant to the Protocol on Immunities and Privileges of the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) and the Headquarter’s Agreement with the Government of Namibia.
- THE JOB
Responsible to provide committee secretarial and procedural support, as well as conceptualise, research, manage and implement the thematic programme of the Committee. The Job Description for Programme Manager & Committee Secretary is available on the SADC PF Website and can also be requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES
- The following countries are eligible for the positions subject to the SADC PF policy on geographical representation: Angola, Botswana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, and Tanzania.
- The following countries are not eligible: Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Be a holder of at least a minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree /Honours Degree relevant to the scope of the Programme and work of the Standing Committee on the same;
- Must have a minimum of 7 years proven relevant experience in a reputable organisation. Parliamentary experience is not a necessity but may be an added advantage; and
- SADC PF is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, with the requisite experience, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- TERM OF CONTRACT OF SERVICE
The first contract of service shall be for a maximum of five years, renewable only once for a maximum of five years, subject to satisfactory performance and approval by the Executive Committee.
- DUTY STATION
The Duty Station is the SADC Parliamentary Forum Headquarters in Windhoek, Namibia.
- MODE OF APPLICATION
- Applications must be made through the Member Parliament of the country of which the candidate is a citizen. The application must be addressed to the Clerk of/Secretary to Parliament and should be copied to email@example.com. The application must be clearly titled “SADC PF Position of Programme Manager & Committee Secretary(Insert thematic area)”.
- Candidates are required to submit the following with their applications:
- Application letter;
- Curriculum Vitae detailing the requisite qualifications and experience, and demonstrating suitability for the job;
- Copies of academic Certificates;
- Details of 3 referees with contact details;
- CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
The closing date for the submission of applications is 24th March 2023.
Full Job Description available here