PARLIAMENT OF THE KINGDOM OF LESOTHO
NOTICE PAPER NO. 471
Thursday, 7th June, 2022
NOTICE OF QUESTIONS.
Notice given on Thursday, 7th June, 2022.
For oral reply on Thursday, 14th July, 2022.
1830. INFORMATION REGARDING TSOKOTSA CHIEF’S OFFICE.
Hon. T. Tšita-Mosena (PR): To ask the Minister of Local Government and Chieftainship, to shed some light on the following:
- the time when the lawful successor to Chief Motheo Lepheana of Tsokotsa in Makhaleng, under the Principal Chief of Matsieng, will be appointed,
- how soon ’Mathakane Mpharoane will be remunerated for assuming the functions of the Chief while the appointment of a successor is pending; and
- measures being taken to improve the administration of the Chief’s office which relies heavily on the availability and accessibility of the stamp at Tsokotsa.
1831. IEC VOTER REGISTRATION CONCERNS.
Hon. M. Seutloali (PR): To ask the Minister of Justice and Law, to shed some light on the following:
- reasons that the I.E.C. started voter intensification without a voters roll;
- reasons that the I.E.C is not producing voters cards despite Section 7 of the Law providing for that;
- reasons that registrants are not receiving “SMSes” informing them of their voter numbers despite the promise that the messages would be sent within a week; and
- the time when voters will know that their details have been updated.