Adv. Lebohang Fine Maema, KC, a 37 years experienced Legal Practitioner and advisor, has been serving as Clerk to the National Assembly of Lesotho since February 2013 to date.
Prior to this appointment, he has held office in the following positions:
• Lesotho’s Ambassador to the African Union and Permanent Representative to the African Union 2009 – 2011
• High Commissioner to Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda April 2009 – August 2011
• Lesotho’s Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN), New York September 2005 – February 2009
• Attorney General of Lesotho May 1993 – August 2005
• Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Justice and Prisons March 1990 – April 1993
• Private Secretary to His Majesty King Moshoeshoe II May 1987 – March 1990
• Lecturer in Law – National University of Lesotho August 1984 – April 1987
• Crown Counsel – Law Office Attorney General’s Chambers June 1982– July 1983
Adv. Maema was conferred with the title of King’s Counsel (KC) in 2005. Adv. Maema was awarded with the order of “Commander of the Most Meritorious Order of Mohlomi (CMMOM)” in 1988. He became Cambridge Livingstone scholar in 1984 and an Advocate of the High Court and Court of Appeal of Lesotho in 1982.
Adv. Maema graduated at Cambridge University (Selwyn College)UK with a Master of Law (LLM) in International Law in 1984, a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) at the National University of Lesotho (NUL) in 1982 and a Bachelor of Arts in Law (BA Law) at NUL in 1980